Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tray-chic

I love butler trays, and the more home magazines and blogs I read the more I love them. They just make everything that you put in them look more organized, and we love us some organization around here. However, I am too much of a cheapskate to buy them since the ones I typically like run about $15...until now. I found this great little butler tray at Target for only, wait for it, $2.50!
I was in love as soon as I saw it, well, in love with it's potential anyway, Easter-y colors aren't exactly my style, but I knew that with a little spray paint I could spruce this baby right up.

I got right to work with my spray paint on the first clear and warm day that I could (it really was a little anxious of me because it was super windy that day, not the best conditions for spray painting).
It took four coats to get all those stripes to finally and completely disappear, it probably would have been fewer if I had primed, but it was totally worth the wait (and the little dots of spray paint that showed up on my pants, seriously it was windy). I love our new little butler tray, and I think it looks so cute holding our spring colored magazines.
 And the whole project only cost the $2.50 because I already had the spray paint on hand. I still haven't found a permanent home for it, although I'm thinking it might end up somewhere in the back room whenever we get everything finished back there.

Anyone else out a spray paint fanatic? Or found anything in the dollar section that is just brimming with potential? Please feel free to share, we love a good redo around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment