Thursday, October 03, 2013

Monthly Photo Project

I love seeing how much babies change, especially over the first year. So I got the idea to take monthly pictures of Will from John and Sherry on Young House Love, although they actually did weekly photos of their sweet little girl, but I knew I would never actually keep up with that. They also used Photoshop to create their "patches", but since I don't have Photoshop and I do have a mother-in-law with an embroidery machine I decided to use actual patches for our pictures. My wonderful MIL made up patches for all 12 months for us with different material for the patch each month. We also switched up the background every month just to make it a little more fun. I know they also sell patches similar to this at craft stores, so if you are interested in doing your own photo project with your little one but don't have access to an embroidery machine that could be a good option as well.




I tell you what, babies sure are wiggly, so if you decide to do something like this I definitely recommend it being a two person job.





I feel like 5 months is where he really started looking like "himself", partially because he started chunking up more then.



For some reason I can't find the 8 month picture. I know I have it somewhere, but I cannot figure out where it is.



The first several months when he was less mobile I would take about 20-30 pictures and pick out the one I liked the best. By the 11 month pictures this was the only one I really got, other than these two action shots.



And this was with a two man job, that kid is fast. We haven't gotten around to taking his 12 month picture yet, but I'm sure we will soon, once again, this is why I didn't shoot for a weekly picture. I love having these pictures to look back at and see how much he has grown in the last year though, and as a bonus I was able to use them as part of the decoration at his party. They hung on a cute little "clothesline" over the party favor table so that other people could see all the changes in the past year. I don't plan on continuing the monthly photos, but I did love doing it and would like to do it again with any more kids we may have in the future, it's just a nice memento to have to look back on my baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment